COURSE OBJECTIVE :
The European Union has adopted a new comprehensive Data Protection Regulation to protect and empower all EU citizen’s privacy. It supersedes all earlier legislations and is all encompassing. The regulation applies to data controllers & data processors, who are based in the EU. It also applies to organizations based outside the European Union if they collect or process personal data of EU residents/entities.
OUR SOLUTION :
DNV GL has developed services to provide an in-depth knowledge and practice to establish and maintain a Personal Information Management System in line with the privacy requirements including GDPR. As a certified professional, participants set the highest standard of data protection tailored to their organizational needs in line with industry standards.
Participants will also gain comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment for EU organizations and non-EU organizations with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Basic understanding of privacy principles
- Knowledge of the information security management principles and concepts
Upon completion of this training, candidates will be competent to:
- Implement immediately key Data Privacy policies and procedures including Privacy Impact Assessment, Risk Treatment, Data Inventory & Data Flow
- Bridge the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes
- Understand the key concepts and principles of privacy for managing personal data
- Apply these concepts in practical business scenarios related to both EU and non-EU based organizations
- Implement & understand the roles of data controller, data processor and the data protection officer (DPO)
- Have In-depth knowledge of the privacy requirements & impact assessment
- Implement continual improvement of the Internal Privacy Audit Process
COURSE DETAILS :
- The course is of 3 days’ duration and is presented by our team of experienced DNV GL tutors.
- Course delivery is through lectures, delegate interaction, open discussion and workshops.
- Public course includes daytime refreshments, lunch, course notes & training certificate.
- This course can also be made for delivery at your organization/ own premises.
- On successful completion, delegates will be awarded an internationally recognized DNV GL Training certificate
- Data Privacy Officers and those who will be involved in advising top management on Privacy in an organization
- Designed for core implementation and auditing teams with responsibility of compliance to global privacy compliance frameworks such as GDPR
- Those planning to lead and implement a system, or new to managing a system
- Consultants responsible for implementing data privacy frameworks
- Information Security lead auditors and practitioners
- Quality Managers