We have been a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact since 2003 and work to integrate the Global Compact principles on human rights, labour standards, environmental management and anticorruption into our business strategy, management system, culture and day-to-day operations. We actively engage in activities like the Global Compact Caring for Climate, and in networks like the Global Compact Nordic Network - a forum for exchanging best practices on the advancement of Global Compact principles in the Nordic region.
In 2014 we have strengthened our relationship with the UN Global Compact in a number of ways
- We base our corporate sustainability strategy and tactical priorities on the Global Compact framework
- We actively use UN Global Compact tools and resources to improve our internal best practices. An example is how we use Global Compact guidance to improve the sustainability performance of our supply chain.
- Actively engaged with Executive Director Georg Kell in our Sustainability Roundtable in June 2014 to identify pathways toward a regenerative economy.
- Participated in conferences and events, such as the Private Sector Forum and Climate Summit in New York, in September 2014.
- Launched an ambitious project in collaboration with the UN Global Compact to assess their achievements during their 15 years of existence and to provide recommendations on how they can achieve their vision.